1/1 Photo of Chocolate Mint Treasures
Fun dessert or snack bar I adapted from a recipe found in the April/May 2011 issue of Taste of Home. Originally submitted by Sherry Johnston. The magazine suggests cutting the bars with a serrated knife that has been run under hot water and dried, using a straight down motion as opposed to sawing motion, and wiping the knife clean in between cuts.
My Private Note
dozen b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3In a mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add one egg and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and beat well.
- 5Gradually add 1 cup flour, cocoa, and 1/8 teaspoons salt, mixing well after each addition.
- 6Spread mixture into 9x13 dish.
- 7In a mixing bowl cream remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter and remaining 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- 8Add remaining egg and remaining 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and beat well.
- 9Gradually add remaining 1 1/4 cups flour and remaining 1/8 teaspoons salt, mixing well after each addition.
- 10Gently spread over chocolate layer and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped Andes mints over the top.
- 12Bake until chocolate begins to melt, about 1 additional minute.
- 13Spread melted chocolate over the top of the bars.
- 14Cool completely.
- 15Cut into 24 squares, and then cut squares into triangles.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mint Treasures
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 49.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.0 g