Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Two of my favorite flavors together: chocolate and mint. I have not tried this recipe yet, but thought I would share it.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 21 Andes mints candies, unwrapped,cut in half diagonally
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar in large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add egg, peppermint and vanilla extracts.
- Continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in remaining sugar to coat.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Immediately press mint half into center of each cookie.
- Let stand 2 minutes them remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- NOTE: Chocolate mints will melt slightly after being pressed into the warm cookies, but will set upon cooling.