Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from Betty Crocker. It makes a lovely, yummy, big cake.
Make and share this Chocolate Mint Swirl Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 0.667 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (432 g) packagebetty crocker super moist devil's food cake mix (you may,of course, use your favorite homemade chocolate cake recipe with enough volume to make a 2 l)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3 -4 teaspoons water
- Heat oven to 325f.
- Lightly grease or spray a 12 cup fluted pan.
- In a small bowl beat cream cheese with mixer on high until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the sugar, egg, 1/8 tsp extract and 3 drops of food color and set aside.
- In lg bowl beat cake mix, 1 cup water, the butter and 2 eggs on low for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes Pour into pan and spoon the cream cheese filling over the batter.
- Bake 42-48 mins until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Turn cake upside down onto plate or cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- In 1 qt saucepan heat chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring often, until melted. Set aside.
- Mix icing sugar, 1/4 tsp peppermint extract, 2 drops food color, and corn syrup and enough of the 3-4 tsp's water to make a thick drizzle that can be easily spooned over cake. Drizzle over cake.
- Immediately spoon the chocolate glaze over cake in a 1/2 inch wide ring. Working quickly pull a toothpick through chocolate to make swirls. Chill until serving time and refrigerate leftovers.
- sprinkling with coarsely chopped chocolate mint candies makes this already incredible cake even more decadent.