1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is from Betty Crocker. It makes a lovely, yummy, big cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (432 g) package betty crocker super moist devil's food cake mix (you may,of course, use your favorite homemade chocolate cake recipe with enough volume to make a 2 l)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1Heat oven to 325f.
- 2Lightly grease or spray a 12 cup fluted pan.
- 4In a small bowl beat cream cheese with mixer on high until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the sugar, egg, 1/8 tsp extract and 3 drops of food color and set aside.
- 6In lg bowl beat cake mix, 1 cup water, the butter and 2 eggs on low for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes Pour into pan and spoon the cream cheese filling over the batter.
- 7Bake 42-48 mins until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- 8Turn cake upside down onto plate or cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- 10In 1 qt saucepan heat chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring often, until melted. Set aside.
- 11Mix icing sugar, 1/4 tsp peppermint extract, 2 drops food color, and corn syrup and enough of the 3-4 tsp's water to make a thick drizzle that can be easily spooned over cake. Drizzle over cake.
- 12Immediately spoon the chocolate glaze over cake in a 1/2 inch wide ring. Working quickly pull a toothpick through chocolate to make swirls. Chill until serving time and refrigerate leftovers.
- 14sprinkling with coarsely chopped chocolate mint candies makes this already incredible cake even more decadent.
Browse Our Top Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mint Swirl Cake
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.6
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 318.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g