Recipe by Ducky
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account.
Top Review by EmJoMay
These are GREAT! One of my coworkers brought these cookies to a party, and I'm so happy I tracked this recipe down. She used Andes mints, but I only had plain chocolate chips, so I added 1 tsp mint extract during step 3. We both added about 8 drops of green food-coloring because bright green mint cookies just seemed more Christmasy. We also flattened the cookie balls slightly before baking. This is my favorite Christmas cookie recipe by far!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, Unbleached
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, Divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups mint chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and vegetable oil; mix well.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in Mint-Chocolate chips.
- Shape into balls using rounded teaspoonfuls of dough; roll in remaining 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks.