Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account.
Make and share this Chocolate Mint Sugar Cookie Drops recipe from Food.com.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and vegetable oil; mix well.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in Mint-Chocolate chips.
- Shape into balls using rounded teaspoonfuls of dough; roll in remaining 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
These are GREAT! One of my coworkers brought these cookies to a party, and I'm so happy I tracked this recipe down. She used Andes mints, but I only had plain chocolate chips, so I added 1 tsp mint extract during step 3. We both added about 8 drops of green food-coloring because bright green mint cookies just seemed more Christmasy. We also flattened the cookie balls slightly before baking. This is my favorite Christmas cookie recipe by far!
I have made this recipe for years. Unfortunatley Toll House no longer makes mint chips, so I use Andes mints now. I also add mint extract to bump up the flavor. During the holidays I roll the cookies in red, green and white colored crystal sugar to give them a festive look. They go over great with freinds and family. Definately a must make for me.
OMG - these are AMAZING! This recipe is going in my permanent file. So, sooooooooooooo good. I also used mint extract with regular chocolate chips - they were a hit!