Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, Ground
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Beat eggs.
- Add melted butter and sugar.
- Beat well.
- Add melted chocolate and peppermint.
- Add flour and nuts.
- Mix well.
- Pour ingredients into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set on trivet or rack to cool.
- Prepare filling.
- In small bowl, thoroughly blend butter and cream.
- Add sugar and peppermint.
- Mix well.
- Spread evenly over cooled baked layer.
- Prepare frosting.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in small pan over low heat.
- When filling is completely firm, spread frosting mixture on top.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
- Cut into 3/4 by 2 1/4 inch strips.
Wow! Minty- cool, rich and delicious. We've had them twice for our homeschool meetings and they always disappear! These are a keeper! Thanks for posting.