1/3 Photos of Chocolate Mint Souffles for Two
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Recieved this recipe from Taste of Home and couldn't wait to try it. I love that they only served two so perfect for DH and me when I wanted something special for just us. They came together easy, were light, fluffy and oh so chocolate. It calls for mint extract but I didn't have that so just used vanilla and it was still good. Think it'd be really good with the mint and maybe a little mint leave as garnish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate eggs.
- 2Place whites in a small bowl; let stand until room temperature.
- 3Place yolks in another bowl; set aside.
- 4Coat two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar; place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- 5In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 2 tablespoons sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 6Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 7Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and extract until chips are melted.
- 8Transfer to a small bowl.
- 9Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the bowl, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- 10Beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- 11Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- 12With a spatula, fold a fourth of the egg whites into chocolate mixture until no white streaks remain.
- 13Fold in remaining egg whites until combined.
- 14Transfer to prepared ramekins.
- 15Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until tops are puffed and centers are almost set.
- 16Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- 17Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mint Souffles for Two
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 186.8 mg
- Sodium 168.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 9.1 g