Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Better Homes & Gardens 100 Best Cookies 2004
Make and share this Chocolate Mint Snow Top Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt, set aside.
- In a saucepan heat 1 cup of chocolate pieces over low heat until melted, stirring constantly.
- Beat butter with a mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in granulated sugar until combined. Add in melted chocolate, eggs, vanilla, and mint flavoring. Mix until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture and remaining chocolate pieces.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap.
- Freeze 30 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Shape dough into 1" balls; roll balls in powdered sugar. Place balls about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are crackled.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Transfer to wire racks; cool.
These are very very very easy and look great (mine look a lot better than the photo). I made these on a recommendation from a friend who used mint choco chips rather than the mint extract but I couldn't find the chips so went by the recipe and they are fantastic. Definitely try to make the balls small, more appealing than larger. I also added a few minced leaves of garden mint.
Made for Spring PAC 2009. Great cookies. I loved the hint of mint flavor ~ wasn't over-powering at all. Thanks for posting this Az G!
Tried these at christmas and took them to a piano recital. Everybody loved them. Only thing I changed was dusting with powdered sugar instead of rolling the dough balls before baking. Warning: highly addictive.