Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious treat to beat the summer heat! But, not for those counting calories..
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1⁄4 cup powdered cocoa mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Heat 1/2 cup milk just until hot.
- Combine hot milk and cocoa mix in container of electric blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, vanilla and peppermint, blend well.
- Add ice cream and process until mixture is smooth.
Yum! This was so good. It has just the right amount of mint and a nice choclatey flavor. I did make a few "additions" ... just because of the things that I had on hand. I used a mixture of non-fat milk and 1/2 & 1/2, then a chocolate and vanilla ice cream. For the cocoa, I used one individual packet of hot cocoa mix. (It even had marshmallows in it! Oops!) It came out great; smooth and creamy! I'll certainly make this one again.