1/2 Photos of Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies
Love to make these for a special treat during the holidays!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cookies: Combine brown sugar, butter and water in large, heavy-duty saucepan.
- 3Cook over med heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted.
- 4Add chocolate bits; cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
- 5Remove from heat and cool.
- 6Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- 8Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 9Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are set.
- 10Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute;.
- 11Remove unto wire racks& cool.
- 12Filling: Beat confectioners sugar, 1/3 cup butter and mint extract in large mixer bowl.
- 13Add milk until smooth and of desired spreading consistency.
- 14Spread about 2 teaspoons filling onto flat side of 1 cookie; top with second cookie, flat side down.
- 15Squeeze together gently.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 123.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g