These are amazing! From Epicurious.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (bittersweet, not unsweetened) or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup baker's superfine sugar or 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar or sweetened cocoa powder
- peppermint ice cream or mint chocolate chip ice cream
- fresh mint leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Lightly butter six 3/4-cup ramekins or custard cups.
- 3Stir chocolate and butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 4Using electric mixer, beat eggs, egg yolks, and 1/3 cup sugar in large bowl until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add all purpose flour and beat until blended.
- 6Add chocolate mixture, peppermint extract, and salt; beat just until incorporated.
- 7Divide chocolate mixture among prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on baking sheet. (Can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Let stand at room temperature.).
- 8Bake cakes until edges are set but centers look shiny and still move slightly when ramekins are gently shaken (tester inserted into centers comes out with wet batter attached), about 11 minutes.
- 9Remove cakes from oven; run small knife around each cake to loosen.
- 10Place small plate atop 1 ramekin with pudding cake. Using oven mitts or pot holders, hold plate and ramekin firmly together and invert, allowing cake to settle onto plate. Repeat with remaining cakes.
- 11Sprinkle each cake with powdered sugar or sweetened cocoa. Place scoop of ice cream alongside. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Mint Pudding Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.1
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 251.3 mg
- Sodium 138.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g