Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
These are amazing! From Epicurious.com
Make and share this Chocolate-Mint Pudding Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (bittersweet, not unsweetened) or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup baker's superfine sugar or 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar or sweetened cocoa powder
- peppermint ice cream or mint chocolate chip ice cream
- fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lightly butter six 3/4-cup ramekins or custard cups.
- Stir chocolate and butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs, egg yolks, and 1/3 cup sugar in large bowl until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add all purpose flour and beat until blended.
- Add chocolate mixture, peppermint extract, and salt; beat just until incorporated.
- Divide chocolate mixture among prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on baking sheet. (Can be prepared 1 hour ahead. Let stand at room temperature.).
- Bake cakes until edges are set but centers look shiny and still move slightly when ramekins are gently shaken (tester inserted into centers comes out with wet batter attached), about 11 minutes.
- Remove cakes from oven; run small knife around each cake to loosen.
- Place small plate atop 1 ramekin with pudding cake. Using oven mitts or pot holders, hold plate and ramekin firmly together and invert, allowing cake to settle onto plate. Repeat with remaining cakes.
- Sprinkle each cake with powdered sugar or sweetened cocoa. Place scoop of ice cream alongside. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Divine! I used a tablespoon of peppermint extract, and the cakes were pleasantly minty. The serving size is just right -- larger cakes or the addition of the recommended ice cream would be too much. Very easy and very rewarding.