Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
absolutely delicious, chewy chocolate cookies with a peppermint surprise!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- hershey's peppermint pattie (mini baking pieces)
- preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- cream together butter and sugar.
- add egg and vanilla, mix until thoroughly combined.
- sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- add dry mixture to creamed ingredients.
- roll dough into 1/2 inch sized balls and top each with one mini peppermint patty. press down lightly.
- bake for 5-6 minutes.
- for larger cookies, roll dough into 1 inch sized balls and bake for 7-8 minutes.