Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
I love chocolate mints and I love muffins. A great combination.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 28 creme de menthe thin candies, chopped or 1 cup chopped chocolate-covered mint candies
- Sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into medium bowl; stir to mix.
- In another bowl, combine egg, milk and butter, beat to mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture; mix until moistened.
- Be careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold in candies.
- Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with cupcake liners.
- Place about 1/4 cup batter into each cup.
- Bake in a pre-heated 375°F oven for 15-18 minutes, or until top of muffins are slightly firm.
- Remember toothpick won't necessarily work because of the melted chocolate.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool completely.
These muffins are so GOOOOOOOD! YUUUUUUUMMMMMM! So moist and chocolaty! Also very easy to make Thank you Miss Annie ; )
made these the kids liked them, but they was very runny before cooked and stuck to muffin tins and they was greased so I think it needs 1 to 1/2 cups of flour not just 1/2 cup.
Amazingly decadent! I had used 3/4 cup of mint crisp chocolate chopped. Folowed the recipe to the T except I 1/2ed the recipe and I put 1/2 a tsp of vanallin in Big mistake the result was a slight bitter after taste, next time will put vanilla essence or leave it out all together. I baked them in mini muffin tins for 10 mins Made 18.