Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Guilt free chocolate cookies
- cocoa, for dusting
- 30 g dark chocolate
- 5 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or low heat in the microwave.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg whites for around 6 minutes or until soft peaks form and hold their shape, add the castor sugar and splenda, alternately a little at a time and beat until the mixture is stiff and shiny.
- Using a metal spoon, gently fold in the tablespoon cocoa, melted chocolate and the essences.
- Drop heaped teaspoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake in a moderate oven for around 40 minutes.
- Remove biscuits immediately and place on wire rack to cool.