Lizzie Rodriquez's Note:
From Taste of Home Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips; stir. Cool slightly.
- 2In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 3Beat in the egg, vanilla and melted chocolate.
- 4Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 7Cut with a floured 2-1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- 8Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 to 10 minutes or until set.
- 10Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 11In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- 12Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle chocolate with sprinkles if desired.
- 13Place on waxed paper; refrigerate until set.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mint Hearts
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 69.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g