Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe takes only 15 minutes to put together -- great to make on a busy day. Cooking time is actually refrigeration time to firm up.
- 354.88 ml cold milk
- 85.04 g instant pistachio pudding mix
- 473.18 ml thawed Cool Whip, topping, divided
- 6 mint-flavored creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped
- 170.09 g chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1 semisweet baking chocolate square
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping and the chopped cookies. Spoon into pie crust. Spread with remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over pie.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or more until firm. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Made this to go with our St. Paddy's Day dinner and it was wonderful, but VERY easy, rich and creamy which was perfect for my "sweets loving DGS". I did make a few changes; didn't have mint cookies so used a pre-made choc. cookie crust, added mint extract to the pudding mix and instead of crumpled cookies used semi-sweet choc chips in the pudding mix. Then topped with the left over cool whip as instructed, made a choc ganache from the left over chips and drizzled over the top of the finished pie. It was simple, pretty and a nice ending to our dinner.
My family loved this pie! I did make two changes. Instead of layering part of the cool whip on top - I mixed it in. And instead of melting chocolate to drizzle over the top my 7 yr old son thought it would be cool to smash cookies. So he helped me sprinkle them on top. Very easy to make! Made for the November Aussie/NZ recipe swap.