Recipe by Crystelle
I'm a bit of a sweets addict and this is one of my favorite recipes for fudge.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Am not a big fan of mints, so I did cut the amount of peppermint extract in half ~ Still, I gotta admit that this fudge has a nice taste to it, & friends LOVED it (& ate most of it!), so that says a lot! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 473.18 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml white confectioner's coating
- 14.79 ml peppermint extract
- 0.06 ml green food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- in heavy saucepan over low hear, melt chocolate chips w/ 1 cup sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Spread half of the mixture into a wax paper-lined 8 or 9 in square pan; chill 10 minutes or until firm.
- Reserve remaining choloate mixture at room temperature.
- IN another heavy saucepan over low heat, melt white confectioner's piecees with remaining sweetened condensed milk (mixture will be thick).
- Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring (if desired).
- Spread this mixture on chilled chocolate layer; chill 10 minutes longer or until firm.
- Spread reserved chocolate mixture over the mint layer.
- Chill 2 hours or until firm.