Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies have a fresh, minty flavor and a chewy texture. From Parents.com
Make and share this Chocolate-Mint Drops recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt half of the chocolate chips; set aside.
- Mix flour and baking powder together.
- In medium bowl, with electric mixer on medium, beat sugar, eggs, corn syrup, and extract until thick, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually beat in melted chocolate, then dry ingredients.
- Mix in remaining morsels; freeze dough for 10 minutes.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of batter, 3" apart, on ungreased baking sheets (cookies will spread).
- Refrigerate remaining dough.
- Bake cookies 12 minutes.
- Quickly sprinkle tops with chopped candies; bake 3 to 5 minutes more, until cookies are softly set.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks and cool.