Recipe by Survivorfan06
A great quick and easy dessert for any event.
Top Review by vrvrvr
Very mixed reviews around here. Overall, not exciting. Not very chocolate-y, not very minty, and not very "quick and easy" with the chocolate melting, mixing chocolate milk and crushing peppermint candies. The cupcakes are heavy and dry. They are saved by the frosting, but I didn't even use this version --as a whole stick of butter for 12 cupcakes struck me as gross. I cut it down to 3 T. and lessened the other ingredients, adding Hershey's syrup and a splash of milk. So, to sum it up...we were underwhelmed, but they looked pretty enough on the platter.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Melt chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat.
- Beat melted chocolate into butter mixture.
- Add eggs, peppermint extract and chocolate milk.
- Beat until creamy.
- Sift flour with baking soda.
- Mix into butter and chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Stir in crushed peppermints.
- Pour batter into cupcake pan lined with baking papers.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 18 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from pan.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- For frosting, beat together the butter, chocolate milk, and powdered sugar until light and creamy.
- Spread frosting over cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.