Prep2 hrs 30 mins
These are THE BEST Christmas cookies ever! They taste a lot like Panera's holiday crinkle mint cookies. Recipe is from RecipeGirl.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons green sugar crystals (optional)
- mint truffles or candy cane, flavored hershey's kisses
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, and extracts until well blended.
- Stir dry mixture into wet mixture until just combined. Cover bowl and refrigerate for two hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix powdered sugar and green sugar. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls, roll in sugar mixture, and place 1 1/2 inches apart on parchment-lined cookies sheets.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. While baking, unwrap Kisses. When cookies are done baking, immediately press a Kiss in each cookie. Place cookie sheet in refridgerator or freezer (Kisses will not hold their shape if allowed to cool at room temperature).
- When Kisses are set, remove from refridgerator and store in an airtight container. ENJOY!