Chocolate-mint Cream Cheese Pie
- 18 mint-flavored creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream (whipping)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure mint extract
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- Crust; Pulse cookies in food processor to make fine crumbs.
- Add butter, process to blend.
- Press on bottom and sides of pie plate.
- Refrigerate to firm.
- Heat chips and 1/2 cup heavy cream just to a simmer.
- Let stand 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and mint extract with mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat remaining cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1/2 into cream cheese mixture and 1/2 into chocolate.
- Spread 1/2 the cream cheese mixture evenly on bottom of crust; top with 1/2 the chocolate.
- If necessary place pie in freezer 8 to 10 minutes to firm before proceeding.
- Spread with rest of cream cheese mixture; swirl on rest of chocolate.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours until firm.