Recipe by Kit_Kat
A chocolate mint cookie, rolled in powdered sugar that crackles as it bakes. A well received part of my past cookie trays. The original recipe called for mint flavoring, I have found the extract gives a much better flavor. If you really love mint, and can find mint flavored chocolate chips use those instead of semi-sweet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt; set aside.
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- Beat butter with a mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat in granulated sugar until combined.
- Beat the melted chocolate into the creamed mixture, then add eggs, vanilla and mint extract.
- Stir flour mixture and remaining chocolate chips into chocolate mixture.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll balls in powdered sugar.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool completely on cooling racks.
- Preparation time does not include chilling time.