Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ok, I know this is decadent, sinful & sure to cause extreme guilt. You know what? I really don't care! After all, it's got yoghurt in it & that's healthy ... right? I'm glad we got that settled. Could I have a refill now? Recipe source is my "CHOCOLATE" cookbook by Christine McFadden & Christine France.
- 1⁄4 cup hot chocolate powder
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 scoops chocolate ice cream
- Put hot chocolate powder in a sml pan & stir in 1/2 cup milk. Heat gently (stirring) till almost boiling. Remove pan from heat.
- Put hot chocolate milk in heatproof bowl or lrg pitcher & whisk in the remaining milk.
- Add the yoghurt & peppermint extract & whisk again.
- Pour the mixture into 4 tall glasses, filling them no more than 3/4 full. Top ea drink w/a scoop of ice cream. Garnish w/fresh mint leaves to get fancy. YUM!
- VARIATIONS: For "Chocolate Vanilla Cooler", use light cream instead of yoghurt + 1 tsp vanilla extract instead of peppermint extract -- or -- For "Mocha Cooler", dissolve the chocolate in 1/2 cup strong black coffee & reduce milk to 1 1/4 cups. Use cream instead of yoghurt & leave out the extract.
Very refreshing! I made the mocha variety, but with Coconut Overload ice cream that had swirls of dark chocolate throughout! Tagged for Photo Tag, December 2012.
VERY good recipe! It is so refreshing on a hot humid day! I just loved it! Thank you so much for a nice recipe.
Wonderful!! Chocolate, peppermint, and ice cream, heaven in a mug! I cant wait to try the chocolate vanilla cooler and mocha cooler variations!