1/1 Photo of Chocolate-Mint Cookies With Peppermint Icing
I like this one on my cookie tray at Christmas. It's unusual. A really old Betty Crocker Recipe. If you REALLY love mint, try adding a few tbsp. of crushed peppermint candies to the batter or the White Icing. (There is no baking powder or soda so they are dense and will not rise and change shape like regular dough but you can add 1/2-1 Tsp. of either one to the dry ingredients if you prefer a different cookie taste and texture)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, Melted and cooled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, Melted
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Chocolate Icing to Drizzle
- 1Preheat oven to 375'.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix sugar, 1/2 cup butter, egg, unsweetened chocolate and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt.
- 3Drop by rounded tea-spoonfuls, Or use a cookie scoop (looks like a small ice cream scoop) about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. (Try to make each batch of cookies as close as possible to the same size).
- 4Take a drinking glass and flatten each cookie to about 1/4 inch thick.
- 5Bake cookies until set, Approximately 8-9 minutes.
- 6Cool for a minute or two on cookie sheet before transfering to a cooling rack. Cool Completely.
- 8Mix all of ingredients in a seperate bowl until smooth and of good consistency, you may wan't to add a little more or a little less water to get it to the consistency you prefer, then spread frosting onto each cookie until about 1/4 inch from edge.
- 9Chocolate Drizzle Icing:.
- 10In a saucepan, Heat 1/4 cup butter, 2 tablespoons corn syrup and chocolate chips over low heat until chocolate and butter are melted, Stirring constantly.
- 11Remove from heat, stir until all is well blended and lightly drizzle with a spoon over each cookie, leaving some of the white frosting underneath showing through. (Yield is approximately depending on how large your cookies are).
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Mint Cookies With Peppermint Icing
Serving Size: 1 (1263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1800.2
- Calories from Fat 814
- Total Fat 90.4 g
- Saturated Fat 55.6 g
- Cholesterol 233.1 mg
- Sodium 873.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 256.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 202.0 g
- Protein 11.8 g