Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chewy chocolate cookies are topped with half of an Andres mint. They melt-in-your mouth, aren't too minty, and remind me of my very favorite girl scout thin mints. I found this on AllRecipes.com and made for a bake sale -- they were gone in a flash! I made small cookies and used a half mint. For larger cookies, use a whole mint per cookie.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 36 Andes mints candies
- In a large pan over low heat, cook butter, sugar and water until butter is melted. Add chocolate chips and stir until partially melted. Remove from heat and continue to stir until chocolate is completely melted. Pour into a large bowl and let stand 10 minutes to cool off slightly.
- At high speed, beat in eggs, one at a time into chocolate mixture. Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients, beating until Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll dough into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes. While cookies are baking unwrap mints and divide each in half. When cookies are brought out of the oven, put 1/2 mint on top of each cookie. Let the mint sit for up to 5 minutes until melted, then spread the mint on top of the cookie. Eat and enjoy!
I consider myself a baker but these cookies were awful! I re-read the recipe 3 times to make sure I was doing it correctly and I could not get these to work. I am not sure if my cookies were too large but I had to throw the whole first batch in the garbage. The cookies were raw in the middle, so I made them smaller as each batch went and 10 minutes was still not enough time. Definitely disappointed, I am not sure that I will try baking them again.
These were a absolutely fabulous! I wanted to try a new cookie for the holidays and saw this recipe. (I love thin mint GS cookies) I left some out for family, which were gobbled up immediately and had to fight to save the rest for Christmas. They'll definitely be made again! Thanks so much for posting!
My sister and I are in the process of making these right now! I absoultly love these cookies! Definatly a Christmas time must have! YUM!