Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These will remind you of Girl Scout Thin Mints, this is a clone of the other copycat recipe when I couldnt find mint chocolate chips and all I had was bar chocolate. They keep great in the freezer!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chocolate (milk, dark, or a combo)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint oil (not extract)
- 72 round buttery crackers (2 stacks like Hi-Ho or Ritz)
- Melt chocolate, I do it in the microwave 1 minute at a time, stirring after each minute, until chocolate is almost melted, then stir until completely melted.
- Add peppermint oil.
- Drop crackers 1 at a time into chocolate, coating all sides, I use toothpicks and try to grab the little holes in the crackers, but sometimes its just as easy to use your fingers.
- Place on wax paper to harden.
- Store airtight.
These are so yummy, best when frozen! Sometimes dipping them can be tricky, I use tongs. I also just use peppermint extract, and that seems to work well too. If it is for my Christmas trays, I like to sprinkle them with colored sugars.
Fun! My 6 yr old girl wa very skeptical about the whole cracker/chocolate thing..she said "well I don't think that's gonna taste very god with the salt and all mom"...lol! Yummy rich treat Laurie. I used 1/2 semi chocolate and 1/2 milk but will go straight semi next time.