Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These will remind you of Girl Scout Thin Mints, this is a clone of the other copycat recipe when I couldnt find mint chocolate chips and all I had was bar chocolate. They keep great in the freezer!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chocolate (milk, dark, or a combo)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint oil (not extract)
- 72 round buttery crackers (2 stacks like Hi-Ho or Ritz)
- Melt chocolate, I do it in the microwave 1 minute at a time, stirring after each minute, until chocolate is almost melted, then stir until completely melted.
- Add peppermint oil.
- Drop crackers 1 at a time into chocolate, coating all sides, I use toothpicks and try to grab the little holes in the crackers, but sometimes its just as easy to use your fingers.
- Place on wax paper to harden.
- Store airtight.