Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
I adopted this recipe during the Great Recipe Adoption of Feb 2005. I haven't tried it out yet. But I shall be trying this recipe soon and once I do, I'll update it with my comments. Please feel free to do so and post your comments.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mint chocolate chips (This should be 1 10-oz bag Of Nestles Toll House Mint Chocolate chips, divided into 1 cup and 1/2 cu)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, Softened
- 1 cup flour, Unbleached
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips (This should be 1 10-oz bag Of Nestles Toll House Mint Chocolate chips, divided into 1 cup and 1/2 cu)
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water, 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and vanilla extract; beat until creamy.
- Beat in egg; blend in melted chips.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Shape dough into a ball and wrap in waxed paper.
- Chill about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured board, roll dough to 1/16-inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2-inch cookie cutter.
- Reroll remaining dough and cut out cookies again.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine over hot (not boiling)water the remaining mint chocolate chips, vegetable shortening, corn syrup, and water; stir until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat but keep mixture over hot water.
- Dip 1/2 of each cookie into glaze; shake off any excess glaze.
- Place cookies on waxed paper line cookie sheets.
- Chill until glaze sets (about 10 minutes).
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.