Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1⁄4 cups shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Cream shortening and gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add chocolate, eggs, corn syrup, water and flavorings.
- Mix well.
- Combine flour, soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Beat just until blended.
- Form into 1 inch balls,roll in sugar.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.