Recipe by PainterCook
These cookies are seriously addicting. They go great in lunch boxes, mail well, and are appreciated by candy lovers.
Top Review by livie
I got this recipe from my husbands gram a few years ago and make them every year around the holidays. My recipe is called Mint Surprise Cookies. Also, I only use 1 Tbsp. of water and use 2 (5) oz. packages of Andes mints. So happy to see this recipe on here! Thanks for posting.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Andes mints candies
- pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda and mix well. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Then blend in the eggs, water, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Form cookies by enclosing each mint wafer with dough in a round shape. Put a pecan half on each cookie and bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- I forget how many this recipe makes, so I am guessing.