Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious cookies for those girl guide cookie lovers!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1 3⁄4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 2 -3 drops peppermint extract
- Beat butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Sift together icing sugar and cocoa powder over butter and beat in.
- Stir in vanilla, egg yolk (be sure to reserve egg white for filling), and milk.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder to cocoa mixture and blend until incorporated.
- Shape dough into a disc, wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- On a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar, roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut dough into 1 1/2 inch circles and transfer carefully to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until cookies can be lifted away from parchment easily.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet
- For Filling;.
- put egg white in a bowl and beat in icing sugar a few tablespoons at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a surfact dusted with icing sugar. Knead in remaining icing sugar and peppermint extract until dough is no longer sticky.
- To fill cookieds, roll a teaspoon of dough into a ball and flatted a little.
- Sandwich between 2 cookies and push icing to edges.