Recipe by babygirl65
I LOVE CHOCOLATE MINT ANYTHING, so when I saw this recipe, I had to try it. Of course I have not had time to make it, but I wanted to post it so that I would not lose it. If anybody makes them, let me know. I will try this week-end.....
Top Review by qotw13
I just finished making these, and they are delicious! I was surprised at how good for you these cookies are while still being good, tasty cookies. My only problem was how messy it was to roll the dough into a log, since it was just so sticky. I think I might just refrigerate the dough in the bowl for a couple hours next time and just flatten the cookies after spooning them onto the baking sheet. Another variation of this would be a teaspoon of cinnamon in place of the mint...
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 large egg white, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking soda and cocoa together in a bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, butter, applesauce, vanilla, mint extract and egg white. Beat with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Combine flour mix with sugar mix to form dough.
- Roll into a log and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in freezer for about 1 hour until firm.
- Slice into quarter inch pieces and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.