Recipe by Rollin in the Dough!
I was planning to make Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (Tarts) for a Christmas party and wanted a chocolate tart as well so I just made it up as I went along! They turned out great!! Half way through the party they were all gone, people were hoarding them because they were disappearing so fast! They taste alot like Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies, can't go wrong there :)
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, I always use mexican vanilla, if you don't have that use vanilla extract, reg vanilla will do if not
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Andes mint baking chips
- Andes mint baking chips, to sprinkle on top of tarts out of oven
- 2⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, remember if using nonstick turn temp down to 325.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl with electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in mint baking chips and milk choc chips.
- Drop one Tablespoon of dough into ungreased mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Right out of the oven, drop some of your leftover Andes mint baking chips on top of each tart, then go back and spread/swirl.
- Using a butter knife, pop up tart and transfer to a cooling rack, let cool completely.