Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe came from the Womans Day holiday baking magazine Dec. 2002. It's very easy to make, and delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (not condensed milk)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine (not spread)
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips (6oz,or semisweet chocolate chips and 1/2 tsp. mint extract)
- 16 round chocolate sandwich style cookies
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil; grease foil.
- Mix sugar and cocoa in a heavy 3-quart saucepan.
- Stir in milk and butter.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Without stirring, boil vigorously 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- Spread 1 cup in lined pan, top with cookies, then spread remaining fudge evenly over top.
- Refrigerate 6 hours until firm.
- Invert pan, peel off foil, invert fudge and cut in 1-in.