Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
Summer treat and kid pleaser! These desserts are wonderful! From All You magazine, with a little adaptation.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in microwave 30-45 seconds on high. Stir. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine chocolate mixture, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla in large bowl and beat until mixture is well combined.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture. Add chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Roll dough into 24 1-inch balls, then roll each in sugar. Transfer dough balls to baking sheets and bake until cookies are puffed and lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool completely. Repeat with any remaining dough.
- Arrange 9 cookies bottom side up and top each with a small scoop of ice cream. Top with a second cookies, bottom side down, pressing together slightly.
- Wrap each in plastic and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.