Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
This is a really refreshing dessert that is great for the holidays. The candy is a limited edition that is available around Christmas. So, pick up an extra bag or two so you can enjoy this dish during the dog days of summer. Note, this cheese cake does require a spring-form pan. Time does not include refrigeration period.
- 16 chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 30 hershey's miniature chocolate candy bars (chocolate mint collection)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cookies in food processor or blender, cover and process until crumbs form.
- Mix crumbs with butter.
- Press into bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Remove wrappers from chocolate bars and set aside two each of dark, milk and white chocolate bars.
- Coarsely chop remaining bars; place in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at medium 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at medium an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred. Cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar into a medium mixing bowl and beat at medium until well blended.
- Add eggs and beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Beat in melted chocolate.
- Spread over the cookie crumb layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Chopped the reserved chocolate bars; sprinkle on top of the cheese cake.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Before serving melt milk chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over the top of the cheese cake.
- TIP: Line baking pan with non-stick foil. To serve, lift cheesecake from pan using foil.