Recipe by Noway
I found this recipe in a local paper in Houston several years ago, it was my first attempt at a cheesecake, and we all loved it. My prep time may be off, as i have not made this in some time. I highly recommend making this cake for a gathering of people, or if like me you just LOVE cheesecakes, as it is rather large and rich, but so worth the effort.
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup green creme de menthe
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Firmly press mixture evenly over bottom and 2" up sides of a 10" spring-form pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 7 minutes and cool.
- Beat cream cheese at a high speed until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add 1 2/3 cups sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, beating until just combined.
- Stir in creme de menthe and 1 tablespoon vanilla.
- Pour on top of cooled crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- NOTE: Center may be soft but will firm when chilled.
- Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter or margarine in samll saucepan.
- Add cocoa and stir till smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour chocolate mixture in to small bowl.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, alternately with milk, beating at medium speed, till smooth.
- Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Spread over top of cheesecake.