Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe my mother used to make. Very sinful!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 -8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Combine crumbs and sugar in a bowl, add in butter, stir to mix. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9" springform cake pan.
- Mix cream cheese with an electric mixer until very light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, eggs, butter and extract.
- Pour filling into crust. Spoon melted chocolate over by spoonfuls, swirling around for a marbled design. Bake at 425 until cake puffs and center moves only slightly when the pan is moved, about 20-25 minutes. It will not appear to be set. Cool on rack and chill several hours.