Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a decadent versin of an after-dinner mint! The sour cream gives this cheesecake and exceptionally light and creamy texture. Prep time is a guesstimate, and cook time does not include chill time.
- 255.14 g box chocolate cookie crumbs
- 88.74 ml butter, melted
- 170.09 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 (680.38 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml peppermint extract
- 170.09 g semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml butter, cut up
- 14.79 ml light corn syrup
- 2.46 ml peppermint extract
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Wrap bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with wide heavy duty foil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs and melted butter until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press evenly into bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan. Bake 6-8 min or until set; cool on wire rack.
- Place 6 oz. of chocolate in medium bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir frequently until chocolate is smooth and melted; remove bowl from saucepan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar at low speed until smooth.
- Beat in flour. Beat in 2 of the eggs just until combined; repeat with remaining 2 eggs. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla just until blended.
- Reserve 2 cups of this batter in another medium bowl; stir in 1 teaspoons peppermint extract.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the batter in the large bowl until completely blended; pour into crust.
- Place pan in a large shallow roasting pan or broiler pan. Fill with enough hot tap water to come halfway up sides of the springform pan.
- Bake 35 minute. Carefully slide out oven rack several inches and pour the reserved peppermint batter evenly over cheesecake.
- Bake 25 min or until edges are puffed and top is dry to the touch. Center should move slightly when pan is tapped but should not ripple as if liquid.
- Remove cake from water bath; remove foil. Place on a wire rack; cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place 6 oz. finely chopped chocolate in another large bowl. Place cream, 2 Tbs. butter and corn syrup in heavy medium saucepan; heat over medium heat 2-3 min or until hot but not boiling. Remove saucepan from heat as soon as first bubble appears.
- Pour over chocolate and let stand for 1 min to soften. Stir until mixture is smooth and chocolate is melted.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Pour glaze over cooled cheesecake in pan, spreading evenly over top; refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
- Store in refrigerator. Cheesecake can be made up to 3 days ahead; stor in refrigerator.
I made the glaze of this cheesecake and I wanted to say it was easy to make and tasted incredible!! The pic I posted is of this recipe's chocolate glaze on a cheesecake I made - AWESOME