1/1 Photo of Chocolate Mint Cheesecake
1 hr 30 mins
This is a decadent versin of an after-dinner mint! The sour cream gives this cheesecake and exceptionally light and creamy texture. Prep time is a guesstimate, and cook time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) box chocolate cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF. Wrap bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with wide heavy duty foil.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs and melted butter until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press evenly into bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan. Bake 6-8 min or until set; cool on wire rack.
- 3Place 6 oz. of chocolate in medium bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir frequently until chocolate is smooth and melted; remove bowl from saucepan.
- 4In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar at low speed until smooth.
- 5Beat in flour. Beat in 2 of the eggs just until combined; repeat with remaining 2 eggs. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- 6Beat in sour cream and vanilla just until blended.
- 7Reserve 2 cups of this batter in another medium bowl; stir in 1 teaspoons peppermint extract.
- 8Stir the melted chocolate into the batter in the large bowl until completely blended; pour into crust.
- 9Place pan in a large shallow roasting pan or broiler pan. Fill with enough hot tap water to come halfway up sides of the springform pan.
- 10Bake 35 minute. Carefully slide out oven rack several inches and pour the reserved peppermint batter evenly over cheesecake.
- 11Bake 25 min or until edges are puffed and top is dry to the touch. Center should move slightly when pan is tapped but should not ripple as if liquid.
- 12Remove cake from water bath; remove foil. Place on a wire rack; cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- 13Meanwhile, place 6 oz. finely chopped chocolate in another large bowl. Place cream, 2 Tbs. butter and corn syrup in heavy medium saucepan; heat over medium heat 2-3 min or until hot but not boiling. Remove saucepan from heat as soon as first bubble appears.
- 14Pour over chocolate and let stand for 1 min to soften. Stir until mixture is smooth and chocolate is melted.
- 15Stir in 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- 16Pour glaze over cooled cheesecake in pan, spreading evenly over top; refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
- 17Store in refrigerator. Cheesecake can be made up to 3 days ahead; stor in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mint Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.4
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.5 g
- Saturated Fat 34.0 g
- Cholesterol 185.7 mg
- Sodium 339.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 12.2 g