Recipe by internetnut
This one everybody will love – whether they like to eat low-sugar or not!Serve it with the Murray’s Double Chocolate Cookies, graham crackers, or off of a spoon. I found this recipe on Eating Well Living Thin. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces sugar-free peppermint candies
- 1⁄4 cup hersey's sugar free chocolate chips or 1⁄4 cup other sugar free chocolate, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, Splenda, vanilla, 3 tablespoons finely crushed candies, and chocolate. Place in a small plastic wrap-lined bowl and chill 4 hours or overnight. Unmold cheese ball and place on a pretty plate. Gently press 1/3 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candies onto the surface.
- The candies tend to get “wet” if left in the fridge too long. I would press them onto the surface just before serving.