Recipe by Dine & Dish
All I have to say about this recipe is YUMMY!! This cake does need to stay refrigerated *if* you have leftovers! From my dear friend Maddie!
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 453.59 g chocolate syrup
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 59.16 ml creme de menthe
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 88.74 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 13x 9 inch baking pan.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter or margarine with 1 cup white sugar. Beat in the eggs. Stir in the chocolate syrup and vanilla. Mix in the flour and salt. Stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake cool before frosting with Mint Layer and Chocolate Glaze.
- Mint Layer: Combine the confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup butter and the creme de menthe syrup, blend until light. Spread over the top of the cooled cake.
- Chocolate Glaze: Melt the chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons butter together. Let cool slightly then spread over top of the mint layer. Chill cake for at least 3 hours or overnight. Cut into small blocks to serve.