Dine & Dish's Note:
All I have to say about this recipe is YUMMY!! This cake does need to stay refrigerated *if* you have leftovers! From my dear friend Maddie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 13x 9 inch baking pan.
- 2Cream 1/2 cup butter or margarine with 1 cup white sugar. Beat in the eggs. Stir in the chocolate syrup and vanilla. Mix in the flour and salt. Stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake cool before frosting with Mint Layer and Chocolate Glaze.
- 4Mint Layer: Combine the confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup butter and the creme de menthe syrup, blend until light. Spread over the top of the cooled cake.
- 5Chocolate Glaze: Melt the chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons butter together. Let cool slightly then spread over top of the mint layer. Chill cake for at least 3 hours or overnight. Cut into small blocks to serve.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mint Cake Squares
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.4
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 127.2 mg
- Sodium 404.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 59.1 g
- Protein 5.7 g