Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fantastic chocolate bundt cake with chocolate mint chips inside and made easy with a mix. No frosting to make either; just sprinkle with powdered sugar. So good!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) package mint chocolate chips
- Mix together all ingredients except chips for 4 minutes with mixer.
- Add chips and mix by hand.
- Place in greased bundt pan and bake at 350° for 60 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before serving.
I made this for my daughter's birthday cake. She loved it. My husband said it was one of my top cakes ever. :) I used one box of Andes mints (chopped up) in the cake and one box chopped up on top of the cake, over a chocolate glaze.
A rich and decadent cake! I have made this cake a hand full of times now. I have not been able to find the mint chocolate chips so I use semi-sweet chips with the peppermint extract and the flavor is great. Tonight, I made it for a Christmas Party. I did add a chocolate glaze on top (which does add to the richness) and then sprinkled crushed candy canes on top. The cake was enjoyed by all. Thanks for the recipe.
Wonderful and easy! I made this for my dad's 50th birthday and it was a huge hit. I used the Andes mints (did not stir with any flour. The batter was way too thick for them to sink anyway). Do not own a Bundt pan, so used two 8 1/2 inch pans. 50 minutes was perfect cooking time. Thanks for the terrific recipe.