Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious minty brownings. Very rich.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons creme de menthe or 3 tablespoons mint extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream together 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Stir in flour and mix well. Pour in chocolate syrup.
- Beat eggs and add to mixture. Stir in salt and vanilla.
- Pour batter into 9x13 pan. Bake for 25 minutes and let cool.
- To make topping: Melt 1/2 cup butter and mix with 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar and creme de menthe. Let cool slightly and pour over brownies.
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips and 6 Tbs butter and pour over the top of the mint filling. Let brownies and topping cool completely before cutting into 2 inch squares.
I have been making these for years....so glad to see the recipe on recipezaar...I have also made these for Thanksgiving, but used orange extract and orange food coloring for the cream center...they are fabulous