Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are so good! I went to a christmas party and these were on the table and I think I had one to many that night. I just kept going back to the table for more. I got the recipe from the lady who brought them and I want to share it with you too.
To Make brownies
- 1 (21 ounce) betty crocker chocolate brownie mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
To make Icing
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk
- 3 teaspoons mint extract
- 3 -4 drops green food coloring
To Decorate top of brownies
- 1 (11 ounce) nestle's chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Make brownies following the directions on box. Cool completely.
- Mix powdered sugar,melted butter,milk and mint extract and blend well.
- Drop food coloring in sugar mixture and stir until it reaches the color you prefer.
- Spread over brownies and cut into small squares.
- Move squares onto wax paper.
- Melt chocolate chips with 1Tbs. oil
- Place melted chocolate in a ziploc baggie and seal. Cut a small part of corner off bag. Squeeze chocolate out and over the brownies in lines.
- Let chocolate harden and Enjoy!
Easy to make and pretty on a plate too!! I used an 8 x 8 pan of brownies. For the icing I used 2 c. powdered sugar, 1/2 c. butter, 1 t. milk, and 2 t. of mint extract. Still had about a third leftover after frosting brownies. Drizzling with choc. makes all the difference in presentation -- don't skip that step :)
Wow! These are very, very rich brownies. I prepared them for a game night with friends, and while we loved the blend of chocolate and mint, most of us could not finish an entire brownie. I liked that the recipe was simple to prepare though, as I was short on time before the get-together.