Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from a friend and it is absolutely wonderful. Warning: You'll want seconds and thirds!
- For Cake Layer:.
- Heat oven to 325.
- Grease 9x13 inch pan.
- In bowl, combine flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and syrup.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 min or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- While cake layer is baking, combine all ingredients the mint layer calls for in a second bowl.
- Set aside.
- For Chocolate Topping: In saucpan over very low heat melt butter and chocolate chips.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir until smooth.
- Let topping cool slightly while cake bakes.
- Let cake layer cool completely in pan.
- Spread mint cream center on cake.
- Cover and chill.
- Pour chocolate topping over chilled dessert.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
I gave this 5 stars. I've made this for a gathering and recieved wonderful remarks on it. I cut my copy of this from a magazine years ago. The directions are almost the same except with a few different directions and amounts. The oven temp my copy says is 350. The pan size is 13x9x2 inches. The butter for the Mint Cream Center says to use 1/2 cup. Thanks for posting such a great recipe. Christine (internetnut)
Okay...I cheated. I used brownie mix for the cake layer. This is a rich sweet treat. Yummy! Thanks for sharing!