Recipe by Crisco Recipes
Courtesy of Crisco® You can always tell a Crisco® Shortening-made Cookie – if you can spot them before they're gone!
- 354.88 ml light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 158.51 ml Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 14.79 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 354.88 ml Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml mint chocolate chips or 340.19 g package mint chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, shortening, water, vanilla and peppermint extracts in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix well.
- COMBINE flour, salt, cocoa and baking soda in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in mint chocolate chips.
- DROP dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Is your cocoa powder still good? Unsweetened cocoa powder can be stored in a tightly closed container in a cool, dark place for up to two years.