Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
Courtesy of Crisco® You can always tell a Crisco® Shortening-made Cookie – if you can spot them before they're gone!
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or 2⁄3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups mint chocolate chips or 1 (12 ounce) package mint chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, shortening, water, vanilla and peppermint extracts in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix well.
- COMBINE flour, salt, cocoa and baking soda in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in mint chocolate chips.
- DROP dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Is your cocoa powder still good? Unsweetened cocoa powder can be stored in a tightly closed container in a cool, dark place for up to two years.