Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I LOVE these minty cookies! They are soooo good, are deliciously moist and melt in your mouth. The recipe is originally from Toll House's "Best Loved Cookies" recipe book. **NOTE**: It is easy to make regular chocolate chips minty (if you have trouble finding mint-morsels) by placing them in a jar and taping a mint-extract soaked cottonball to the lid. After sealing and waiting a day or two, chips will absorb the scent and taste minty. OR just use chocolate chips and add about 1/4 tsp (or more depeding on how much you like mint!) mint extract to the dough along with the vanilla.
- Melt 3/4 cup morsels in small saucepan over lowest possible heat.
- When morsels begin to melt, remove from heat; stir Return to heat for a few seconds at a time, stirring until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in melted chocolate.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in remaining morsels and if desired, nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons on to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 8 to 12 mintues or until sides are set but centers are still soft.
- Let stand for 2 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.