Emollient-rich cocoa butter has a delicious chocolate scent. Combined with mint, this light lotion is great for the body and senses. Got this from the book, Drop-Dead Gorgeous. It's good to use all natural products when possible. Many of the ingredients found in modern cosmetics have been identified as hazardous by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency! Cook time includes first cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup apricot kernel oil (or other-I used almond oil)
- 1 teaspoon beeswax (optional)
- 1 teaspoon liquid vitamin E (I squeezed out a few vitamin E capsules)
- 3 drops peppermint essential oils (or more , I used about 6 drops)
- 1Combine cocoa butter (this will probably be hard so use a spoon or small knife to get it out of the jar), apricot oil and beeswax (if using) in small saucepan.
- 2Heat on low till melted.
- 3Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 4Add vitamin E and peppermint, stirring well.
- 5Pour into a small container and cool completely, then cap tightly.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mint Body Smoother
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 983.0
- Calories from Fat 1000
- Total Fat 111.2 g
- Saturated Fat 40.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: