Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Emollient-rich cocoa butter has a delicious chocolate scent. Combined with mint, this light lotion is great for the body and senses. Got this from the book, Drop-Dead Gorgeous. It's good to use all natural products when possible. Many of the ingredients found in modern cosmetics have been identified as hazardous by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency! Cook time includes first cooling time.
- 2 ounces cocoa butter
- 1⁄4 cup apricot kernel oil (or other-I used almond oil)
- 1 teaspoon beeswax (optional)
- 1 teaspoon liquid vitamin E (I squeezed out a few vitamin E capsules)
- 3 drops peppermint essential oils (or more , I used about 6 drops)
- Combine cocoa butter (this will probably be hard so use a spoon or small knife to get it out of the jar), apricot oil and beeswax (if using) in small saucepan.
- Heat on low till melted.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add vitamin E and peppermint, stirring well.
- Pour into a small container and cool completely, then cap tightly.
This is GREAT - It really has a nice smell and makes your hands feel so smooth and smell sooo good! I used the beeswax and bought cocoa butter cream just to try this out(I have been wanting to try this since the day you posted it!). Since the cocoa butter cream already is Vitamin E enriched, I did not use any liquid Vitamin E. I used a herbal oil instead of apricot kernel or almond(couldn't get those here) containing tea tree oil, rosemary and neem for this. I used 7 drops of peppermint essential oil. Thanks, Auntie Karen, good one here!