Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine eggs, egg white and crème de menthe, stirring well with a wire whisk.
- Slowly add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring by hand until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Mixture will be very stiff.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour evenly over work surface.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead lightly about 7 or 8 times.
- Divide dough in half; shape each half into an 8-inch log.
- Place logs, 4 inches apart, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325° for 40 minutes; remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Carefully cut each log diagonally into 15 (12/-inch) slices and place, cut sides down, on baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300° and bake for 18 minutes.
Awful dough, dough won't stick together due to the lack of oil. I added 2 tbsp oil and barely managed to get it to pat together. The end product was very crumbly.
The dough was very sticky and 1T flour was no way enough to make it stick together = It was very difficult to work with and had to be scraped off the bread board with a lot of flour to get it to stick together The biscotti, when finally baked are quite tasty, but hard, really need to be dunked. Maybe ;more flour in the original recipe?
used creme de menthe syrup instead of the regular creme de menthe. works just as well. wolfy